Nomndeni de la Changuion
If you are looking for an elegant gay friendly Guest House in Johannesburg, then Nomndeni de la Changuion offers you the perfect solution for your long or short term holiday or business stay.
Conveniently situated in the trendy suburb of Melville, the Art District of Johannesburg, within walking distance of the famous 7th street which is renowned for its street cafés, restaurants, night-spots, art galleries, gift boutiques and antique shops.
All 6 rooms with en-suite bathrooms are decorated in a theme, and stylish manner. They are equipped with all modern amenities including mini-bars, satellite TV, hair dryer, and free Wi-Fi. In-room tea-and-coffee-making facilities are also provided.
Start your day with a Full English Breakfast, made to order in our dining room or on our veranda.
The blend of antique and modern-classic furniture creates the intimate and stylish chic of this historic and charming Victorian Mansion.
We have easy access to the M1 and N1 Highways. We are close to University of Johannesburg “UJ”, Wits, Media 24, the SABC, Milpark Hospital, and Garden City Clinic. We are less than 10km away from the FNB and Coca Cola Stadiums, and Shopping Malls like Campus Square, Cresta, Sandton City, or Rosebank. Tourists can explore Johannesburg’s nearby attractions like the Apartheid Museum, Market Theatre, Newtown, Soweto, Johannesburg CBD, and craft markets. Taylor made tours can be arranged.
We can provide affordable transport from OR Tambo Airport, the Gautrain Stations and around Johannesburg. We are 25km from the airport, and have free secure parking for our guests.
When not exploring the surrounding areas, this Johannesburg Guest House has plenty of facilities at guest’s disposal such as a garden with BBQ facilities and terrace.
1. Take the M5 Beyers Naude off ramp.
2. From N1 North – Turn left at the robot onto Beyers Naude. From N1 South – Turn right at the Robot onto Beyers Naude.
3. Follow Beyers Naude and pass Cresta Shopping Centre, Northcliff Corner, West Park Cemetery and Emmerentia Dam/Botanical Gardens.
4. Follow Beyers Naude. Cross Judith and pass the Melville Koppies on the left. Just after this Beyers Naude changes to Main Road.
5. Turn left into 4th Avenue.
6. Go straight down 4th Avenue until you find 9th Street and the first STOP sign. Turn left into 9th Street.
7. Cross 5th Avenue and turn right into 6th Ave. We are No. 100 (house on the right).
1. Take the R55 Empire off ramp.
2. From M1 North – Turn left at the Robot/Slipway into Empire.
From M1 South – Turn right at the Robot onto Empire.
3. Cross over Barry Hertzog and turn right into Kingsway at the T-junction.
4. At the second Traffic Light, turn right into Lothbury Road, which becomes 7th Street.
5. Carry on down 7th Street to T-junction with 5th Avenue. Turn right into 5th Avenue.
6. Go straight down 5th Avenue until you find 9th Street and the first STOP sign. Turn left into 9th Street.
7. Turn right into 6th Ave. We are No. 100 (house on the right).
FROM UNIVERSITY JOHANNESBURG (UJ)
1. FROM UNIVERSITY RD cross STANLEY/KINGSWAY
2. Just after STANLEY/KINGSWAY UNIVERSITY changes to MAIN ROAD (Campus Square on the left and Mac Donalds on the right)
3. At the 3rd robot turn right into 4th AVE (The Boulevard Shopping centre with Spar will be on the left)
4. Go straight on 4th AVE till you reach the first STOP sign. (Go past 2 traffic circles, a robot and another traffic circle)
5. At the Stop, turn left into 9th STREET
6. Go down the hill and turn right into the second road called 6th AVE
The Guest House is on the corner of 9th Street and 6th Ave.
Address – 100 6th Ave Melville, Johannesburg
Description – Old White House, Green Roof and Rose Garden