The Villa Rosa
The Villa Rosa is Graded 3 Stars by The Tourism Grading Council.
Owned by the same family since 1990, The Villa Rosa, a beautiful Victorian mansion at the foot of Lion’s Head oozes charm and warm, welcoming grace, even if we say so ourselves.
It’s hardly a shrinking rose though, with dramatic rosy and white tinged walls, situated in equally warm and wonderful Sea Point. Wander up the front path through mingled scents of wild jasmine, chives and roses to the rosily stained glass front door. The villa continues its rosy persona within – soft rose pinks are set off with contrasting leafy greens. Some rooms are lit by enormous bay windows and intricate chandeliers.
All eight individually decorated rooms are quite different from one another. One thing they do have in common however is that they have the most comfortable beds, duvets and linen, decidedly different chandeliers and gorgeous bathrooms. The walls continue to fill up with local talent. On a more functional level, all rooms have TV’s (with DSTV satellite TV), telephones, mini-safes, wall heaters, ceiling fans and free wireless internet access.
Our breakfasts are truly delicious, with homemade seed loaf, fresh croissants and ciabbata rolls, homemade muesli, freshly squeezed orange juice (by our own hands!), cheese, cold meats, fresh fruit, free range eggs, milk and yoghurt, delicious coffee (either freshly ground daily from Beaver Creek Farm in Kwa-Zulu Natal, or Fairtrade Puro coffee), and the finest Assam tea from India.
To top all of this, we have the best and friendliest staff in town too. Which makes us the only place to stay.
Where we are:
We are really conveniently situated, close to almost everywhere – the V & A Waterfront, Clifton & Camps Bay beaches, public transport, restaurants, Lion’s Head, Table Mountain, the fabulous Sea Point Promenade and swimming pools, the city centre, the Cape Town stadium and much, much more. And the good news continues – Sea Point is a safe area, and walking is what we do here.
We can also offer kosher breakfasts (although we don’t have a kosher kitchen), and are close to synagogues too.
We have secure parking, with the most cheerful security guard in Africa. And we are child and pet friendly!
Our rates range from:
• R360 – R450 per person sharing during the ‘green season’ (winter months – May to August)
• R450 – R560 per person sharing during the summer months – September to April.
• Single rates on request.
• These rates all include a delicious breakfast
• We accept the following credit cards
• Rates apply until 30 April 2013.
• We can arrange airport transfers, tours, car rental and most other activities.
Our Green Credentials:
• The Villa Rosa is GreenLine (Heritage) certified
• To reach Villa Rosa from Cape Town International airport:
• you simply follow the N2 towards Cape Town City centre, as you near the City take the Strand Street off-ramp to the left, drive straight through the City, Strand Street changes into High Level Road
continue on High Level Road until you reach The Villa Rosa 277 High Level Road, Sea Point (on the corner of Arthurs Road)
GPS address: 33° 55′ 07.2″ South – 18° 23′ 26.9” East