Pumziko Safari Lodge is an Exquisite Eco-Lodge and Wellness Retreat
What’s New at Pumziko!
Pumziko Safari Lodge is an Exquisite Eco-Lodge and Wellness Retreat overlooking Lake Manyara National Park, said by Ernest Hemingway “to be the loveliest lake in…Africa.” We think Hemingway is right and he must of been up by Pumziko when he made this statement since Pumziko’s views are simply breath-taking!
The Pumziko Experience…
With its remarkable location, Pumziko has the privilege of being the only lodge built in the raw, untamed bush at the heart of the Iraqw tribal homeland. A few of the experiences we offer:
• Luxurious private guest houses with over-sized bathtubs and outdoor showers
• 5-Star Jungle Dining Experiences
• Professionally-guided Jeep Safaris
• The Zanzibar Spa’s world-class massages
• Kilimanjaro Treks
• Exotic Cultural Encounters
• Breathtaking Animal Encounters
6-Day African Safari Experience
Pumziko has created this special package enabling guests to sample the best that Tanzania has to offer, at a deep discount. Safaris, Tours, Spa Treatments and the most stunning views on the planet are included. See Details
Did You Know?
The name Manyara comes from the Maasai word emanyara, which is a euphorbia species of plant that is grown into a hedge around a family homestead? The name “is a Maasai description not for the lake, but in general for a lake shore region.”
Special Event – September 12-18, 2015
Join us and our special guests for a Reiki Healing and Shamanic Wellness Retreat. Brighid Murphy is a Jikiden Reiki Instructor and Shamanic Healer. Jim Flavin is a Japanese Reiki Practitioner with a gift for helping people to open their hearts and embrace the life they are meant to lead. Highlights include:
• Explore Reiki healing techniques with Brighid & Jim
• Experience traditional Shamanic teachings with our Shamanic Practitioner, Brighid Murhpy
• Sleep in luxury jungle bungalows, with outdoor elephant showers and indoor bamboo tree showers, cozy fireplaces, and private, oversized decks with jungle swings
• Explore Lake Manyara National Park on an exciting Safari
Our Managing Director – Sherie Fenn
Over the past decade, through my experience in worldwide tourism, tour planning and operations, I travelled through Africa and fell deeply in love with it, arranging and leading tours in Africa, including a February 2011 climb to Mt. Kilimanjaro and a safari in Ngorongoro & the Serengeti. This amazing trip provided the Pumziko genesis and team. We are honoured and thrilled to have been able to realize our dream. Now, we invite you to join us and realize your own African dreams.