Saruni Mara and Saruni Ocean Kenya with African Travel Solutions Ltd
I’m recently back from a great trip to Kenya experiencing Saruni Mara and Saruni Ocean and wanted to update you on a few things
What I was impressed by
• Flying into Mara North you are game viewing within minutes of arriving
• Incredible game viewing as always in Mara North and hardly another car there so very private and exclusive
• The culture of Saruni is very special, the guides and all the staff really share their culture, history and traditions with you as a guest
• Dancing around the fire with the Maasai you feel privileged to be this close to this warm Kenyan hospitality
• Saruni Mara is so homely, warm and welcoming – even the resident eland makes you feel welcome!
• The views from Saruni Mara are stunning and the views on the drives down onto the plains are spectacular
• The rooms are all so nicely furnished and decorated– this time I stayed at Nyati House (the private villa) – you could live in there! The family suite is equally impressive so both are great for families with incredible child rates
• The spa treatments – after a days driving around the plains having a great massage feels like a luxury that you truly deserve!
• This showcases Saruni Mara and Saruni Samburu really well – click for video
• The new location of Saruni Wild is very impressive
• Less than 10 minutes drive from Mara North airstrip it’s nestled in a small forest and has far reaching views onto the plains on the border of Lemek and Mara North
• Small and personal with only 3 tents – a double family tent and double tent – this is a very personal under canvas experience
• With the 4 for 3 offer that Saruni have – combining Saruni Mara with Saruni Wild is a great combination
• There is such easy access between Saruni Mara and Saruni Ocean (direct Mombasa Air flight leaving Mara North at 1400 hours arriving at Ukunda at 1600 hours)
• The drive from Ukunda to Msambweni is stunning, you leave the more built up area of Diani behind and head off to the green, tropical and local fishing village of Msambweni
• The design of Saruni Ocean is very impressive – it’s a large plot of land with all the villa’s having sea views
• The suites are really impressive with spectacular bathrooms and lots of space – there are 14 suites (5 villa’s with 2 suites and one villa with 4 suites)
• The pool is the largest pool I have seen in any property in Africa – its enormous and a real feature of the entire property
• What I loved about the property and area was the fact that it felt like this was showing you the other side of Kenya that Saruni is renowned for – off the beaten track and very special
• There are no beach boys on Msambweni beach, you can walk for miles and nobody harasses you
• The beach is beautiful and you can see the fisherman coming in daily with their fresh catches
• The food is impressive, you eat fresh lobster, crab and every sort of seafood you can imagine!
• Great managers and team, the staff are nearly all local people and they are all learning- its nice to see and watch
• Saruni Ocean is a fresh new exciting beach property on a very special part of the coastline, there isn’t anything like it on the Kenya coast
• This will set the scene well – click to watch the video
Please find attached the new Saruni Mara and Saruni Ocean itinerary – great value and great combination – 8 nights all inclusive with all the internal flights and transfers for only 3,400 USD nett pp for all of 2015 and 2016!
There are some great offers from Saruni, please click here for the latest offers
To book or for further information contact Mel @ African Travel Solutions Ltd
Tele: + 44 1476 530927 / Mobile: + 44 7780 579306