TANZANIA, MWIBA WILDLIFE RESERVE
Situated in a private concession south of the Serengeti, on the escarpment above Lake Eyasi, MWIBA LODGE offers exceptional wildlife and rich cultural experiences. With access to four different Tanzanian tribal communities, including the Hadzabe, Mwiba guests experience traditional cultures as they were thousands of years ago.
“Spending time with traditional hunter-gatherers (Hadza) could be likened to spending time with yourself – with the clock wound back several thousand years.” – Greg Lederle (Lederle Safaris) – African Geographic magazine.
• CULTURAL INTERACTION – real, sincere, life-changing time spent with Hadzabe, Datoga, Maasai and Sukuma tribes. Click HERE to download the cultural interaction document.
• EXCLUSIVITY & SCALE – all guests enjoy a private vehicle when staying at Mwiba Lodge. Only 8 tented suites in a private 134’000 acre wilderness!
• WILDLIFE – the river and natural springs attract wildlife year round; leopard, wildebeest, elephants, lion and more are resident in the Mwiba Wildlife Reserve. The wildebeest calving season is in the Southern Serengeti from January to mid-March.
• LUXURY – With 8 tented suites, Mwiba is one of the most exclusive and luxurious lodges in East Africa, also written up in Forbes Magazine USA.
• WILDERNESS – the rocky boulders, the river meandering through, combined with coral trees and massive euphorbias come together in an environment unlike any other.