The choice of safari establishment within the Greater Kruger National Park area has for some become more difficult largely due to the sheer amount of product and offers – or has it?
Are you choosing the safari lodge just on price with stay for 2 get one free type deals or are you looking at the size of the area – in other words the amount of land the guests can traverse on. Do you consider big 5 only , perhaps 5 star only or do you simply offer the ”normal” old names?
The wonderful thing about technology and the Information Age is that the somehow guests are starting finding what they are specifically looking for and they are getting smarter by the day. Sometimes the client will want something else – then do not be surprised if they book with someone else. The safari market has fundamentally shifted and guests these days have a basis towards the following trends:
• The experience is very much part of the luxury
• Value for Money
When choosing a prospective safari lodge for a client consider the following general pointers as each and every point makes a material difference, it is the combination of all the factors below that makes the difference between a good safari and a fantastic safari.
• Cost of Access – transfers costs are important, Value for Money
• Big 5
• Area of traversable land the greater the better Restrictions on game drives – example viewing time limits on big 5 sightings (normal in SA)
• Number of vehicles in that area – Proximity of other camps/ lodges or Bed density of the area Setting and views from the Lodge and rooms/ suites
• The quality of the rooms/ suites
• Vegetation zones
• Trade Only bookings
The Outpost scores very high on all of the above… is it not time you considered The Outpost ?
Here are some facts about The Outpost:
• Beautiful and productive part of Kruger National Park – 75% of the bio-diversity of all of Kruger found in this northernmost 1% of the Park including the Big 5
• Incredible value for money 5 star lodge – only 12 rooms Rack rate of R3 300 p/p sharing
• Phenomenal view from lodge
• Game drive transfers from Phalaborwa Airport – great value for money at R500 p/p return or free for 4 nights or more stay
• Largest private concession in the Kruger National Park – 24 000 hectares.
• Lodge unlike any other in SA ,with unique Ferrari blinds enabling each suite to be completely open or fully closed-in as the guest desires at a touch of a button.
• 2 perennial rivers bordering concession. Fever tree forests, Crooks Corner, Lanner Gorge within the concession
• Affordable air transfers available from Phalaborwa and Hoedspruit ( No public vehicles allowed on concession roads ).
• Maximum of 10 game drive vehicles on 24 000 hectare concession.
• No traversing limitations – night and off road game drives.
• Innovative community involvement with 8% of turnover direct to community