5 Camp Street Guest House & Luxury Self Catering
5 Camp Street Guesthouse & Self-catering is ideally situated in the central, trendy and historic suburb of Gardens, on the lower slopes of Table Mountain. Within easy walking distance of Kloof Street, with its vibey restaurant and café culture. The city centre is a mere five minutes away and you’ll find yourself in the heart of Bohemian Long Street, or shopping centres and numerous other attractions such as: the famous Mount Nelson Hotel, the V&A Waterfront, Green Point Stadium, and theatres. It is an easy ten minute drive to the popular beaches of Cape Town like Camps Bay and Clifton. Cape Town International Airport is a thirty minute drive away and easily accessible from the N2. Public transport is close at hand, and airport transfers can be arranged.
Table Mountain is just up the road, and it’s an easy walk up Lion´s Head with its ever-changing views of Cape Town. For your evening meal, you have the choice of more than 20 restaurants and a few cosy pubs within a few minutes walking distance of us. A number of delectable Deli´s are also close by. You could choose from a variety of take-away menus and place an order with “Mr. Delivery” who will deliver a meal at your doorstep.
1. The Guest House offers double en-suite and\or twin room’s en-suite, and are all part of smaller intimate units, with a maximum of 2 bedrooms each. Each unit has a full kitchen, lounge and can also be rented as a complete self-catering unit. ( From R 350 per person)
2. Upmarket, serviced, self- catering units (1 or 2 bedrooms en-suite) for short\ medium term rental. Each unit is tastefully furnished with a mixed between antique and leather furniture. Offers a full kitchen, lounge with flat screen TV and private barbeque facilities.
Campstreet Guesthouse & Self-Catering are ideal for a family or group!
Total number of Rooms: 9 Double rooms (5 Apartments) Sleep Max. 18 adults. (Each unit can accommodate at least one child on couches.)
• Own Private entrance.
• Luxury en-suite accommodation.
• Flat screen TV’s with DSTV.
• Full kitchen units. (Inclusive of Fridge, Microwave, Tea / Coffee facility and dishwasher.)
• Bedside clock radio.
• Comfortable chairs on secluded patio.
• Heater\ fan.
• Digital safe. ( Guesthouse)
• FREE Wi-Fi.
• Child accommodation on various large couches and sleeper couches.
• Secure parking.
• Most units have a fire place.
• 13 Seater patio with barbeque facilities, garden and pool. ( See our Terms & Conditions)
• Mediclinic Hospital – a modern privately owned, well-equipped medical clinic / emergency unit – is within a 5-minute walk!
• We have 24 hour armed response security for the property, as well as additional neighbourhood security in the area, making it safe to walk.
• Tennis courts are 5 minutes walk away.
• We make use of a local laundry service, which collects.
• Business Facilities; Internet enabled computer, Fax, scan, copy facilities.
Planetarium (850m) 021 481 3900 – Table Mountain Cable car (3.6km)- 021 510 2211/424 8181 – Greenpoint Stadium (4.6km) – Two Oceans Aquarium – 021 418 3823
Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens – 021 799 8899 – Robben Island – 021 409 5169/419 1300 – Cape Peninsula National Park – 021 780 9204 – Boulders Penguin Colony
Cape Town Tourism Info – 021 426 4260 – Groot Constantia Wine -021 794 5128 – Cape Peninsula Shutter Tours – 021 423 5583 – Hilton Ross Tours – 021 511 1784
Contact We look forward to meeting you! Your hosts: Ignette & Willem Grobler
From Cape Town Airport N2 to Cape town – 12,0 km Take De Waal Drive exit toward M3/Cape Town – 280 m Merge onto De Waal Dr – 3,1 km Continue onto Jutland Ave – 250 m
Continue onto Mill St – 750 m Slight left to stay on Mill St – 170 m Turn left at Upper Orange St – 260 m Turn right at Camp Street The house will be on your left on the corner of Camp & Welgemeend Streets. Please note that the entrance is located in Welgemeend Street.
Terms & Conditions
No persons other than those quoted for and booked are permitted to share the accommodation provided.
Smoking policy Please note that all our rooms are non-smoking. There are designated areas for smoking.
Transfers & other activities
Transfers to and from the Airport can be arranged, with prior arrangement. Should you wish to pre book any activities or transfers, please make the necessary arrangements with us prior to arrival.
Internet transfer, credit card – Visa/Master, cash and bank guaranteed cheques are accepted. Banking details will be provided with the invoice for payment details.
A 50% deposit is required to secure a booking. The balance is payable prior arrival
Children of all ages are welcome. Please note that the guesthouse has an unprotected swimming pool and children should be under parents’ supervision.
Children younger than 10 years stay at 50% of the full sharing rate and children 10 to 18 years stay at 70% of the full sharing rate.
Rate Policies & Structure
Please note that our rates are subject to change, without notice. Should you require rates in a foreign currency, kindly contact us for assistance.
Failure of the customer to arrive, or cancellations made 0 to 14 days prior to the agreed arrival date forfeit 100% of the deposit.
Cancellations made 15 to 28 days prior to the agreed arrival date forfeit 75% of the deposit or 25% of the booking quote value, whichever the greater.
Cancellations made 29 days or more prior to the agreed arrival date forfeit 50% of the deposit or 25% of the booking total, whichever is the greater.
Early departure – no refund.
We offer freshly cleaned linen and towels on arrival, and replace these on a weekly basis. We also provide daily general cleaning – Except on Sundays and public holidays.
Only by prior arrangement.
The pool area is dedicated to one of the self-catering units ( No.3) We allocated this unit last, in order to have the pool available for all our guests – most of the time. In the event of this unit being booked out, the pool area will not be available for our other guests. Please confirm prior arrival.
Silver Solutions 3444 cc t/a 5 Campstreet Guesthouse & self-catering, and their staff accept no liability whatsoever for any eventuality which may befall any person/s or their possessions whilst on our premises, engaging in any activity or en route to / from our premises nor for any travel arrangements, tours, late arrivals or departures.
Meals & Beverages 5 Camp Street Guesthouse is self catering and therefore no meals or beverages are served or provided.
By confirming your reservation, you agree to the above.