The Resting Place Guest House
Here at the Resting Place Guesthouse we encourage you to take a break from running this race called life and find rest for your soul. We are proud to be one of the first established Guesthouses in Bloemfontein, since 1993. Our Guesthouse is Ideal for business men, families, rep groups, large group bookings & long term guests. All are welcome.
Bed & Breakfast Location in Bloemfontein
We are located in the peaceful suburb of Universities close to the N1 approximately 1.5km. We are in the vicinity of the University of the Free State, Grey College, Eunice Girls School, the Stadium’s and Universities Hospital. Across the street from us is a small shopping centre with Pharmacy, Pizza Parlour, Liquor Store, Spar, Friendly Grocer and DVD store.
- We offer room’s to fill every need, from standard rooms to 15 self catering rooms to 4 luxury rooms with own Jett Bath’s, all room’s have own bathroom’s.
- We also have free standing Garden Units with undercover parking at your door.
- Children under 3 years old stay free. We can provide a cot and babysitter on request and is subjected to availability.
Guest House Amenities
- Our premises stretch over four properties with wide open spaces, lovely gardens to enjoy and ample parking.
- We are a Pet Friendly establishment (most ground floor units including limited pet enclosures) – conditions do apply, please make an enquiry to find out more.
- All our rooms have fans & electrical heaters, 6 rooms have air conditioning.
- We have two swimming pools, multiple barbecue areas and a tennis wall for practice.
- We have wireless internet access.
- Our premises are surrounded with devils fork fence and high brick walls with electric fence on top, electronic security gates and armed response.
- Most room’s have phones, two DSTV channels, M-Net and Video channel.
- On-Site Spa Room (bookings essential)
We have two conference facilities:
The Lapa can accommodate up to 60 pax cinema style, equipped with Data Projector, PA system, Flip Chart and 2 air conditioners.
The Raadsaal can accommodate up to 20 pax cinema style, equipped with Data Projector, Flip Chart, 1 air conditioner and en-suit bathroom. We can accommodate all your catering requirements on site with a full time kitchen staff you will feel right at home.
Our in-house Chef pays special attention to all meals and can cater to your specific food criteria offering breakfast, lunch, lunch packs and dinner, booking required for all meals.
Driving on the N1 take the Walter Sisulu off ramp, if you are coming from JHB the off ramp will be left and you will turn left into Walter Sisulu road, if you are coming from Cape Town, the off ramp will also be left but you will turn right into Walter Sisulu road. Take the first street left into Van Schalkwyk road, then at the T junction turn right into De Bruin Street, take the first road left into Banket Street at the end of the road turn right then the first entrance right is 50 Scholtz street & you have arrived.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
Please note you remain responsible to inform us of any changes to you booking and or cancellation of booking in due time. Failure to inform us will result in full account to be settled by Guest/Company even if no guest stayed with us.
PLEASE OBTAIN YOUR BOOKING CANCELLATION REFERENCE NUMBERS TO ENSURE YOUR RELEASE FROM ANY CANCELLATION PAYMENT OBLIGATION. Also ensure that your documentation is up to date after any changes were made to your booking.
Deposit is compulsory on all bookings unless Company has debtor status.
If cancellation occurs within 0-7 Days prior to arrival, forfeit 100% of deposit; 8-14 Days prior to arrival, forfeit 75% of deposit; 15-21 Days prior to arrival, forfeit 50% of deposit; 22+ Days prior to arrival, forfeit 30% of deposit.
“NO SHOW”: Guests failing to show up for bookings will result in full account liable to Guest/Company as well as R200.00 penalty fee, if the account is not paid within 30 days it will be handed over to debt collectors where the Guest/Company will be liable for the collection fee of the debt collector.
Check in time
After 14h00 – Check out time: Before 10h00. Arrival between 00h00 and 10h00 must be arranged.
All Meals on request and is not included in accommodation price, please book in advance to avoid disappointment.
We offer Breakfast, Lunch/Lunch packs and Dinner. (Additional Cost)
Wireless Internet Access and Laundry Service Available please enquire at reception. (Additional Cost)
Our Establishment is situated in a residential area and other guest and neighbours require silence after 22h00, failure to comply will result in your immediate eviction without the possibility of refund.
NO SMOKING in rooms and public buildings. If you are a smoker please request a ground floor unit with easy access to the outside.
Any damage to Guesthouse property will be to guest account; to be replaced or compensation to the value of damaged goods and or property.