Alba House Guest House
Welcome To Alba House:
Bed & Breakfast 4 star Accommodation in Paarl, Boland, Cape Winelands, Western Cape, South Africa
Alba House in Paarl, 4 stars graded Guest House, in the spectacular South African Cape Winelands. Cape Town only 30 minutes scenic drive.
Alba House is 4 Star (Tourism Grading) and Great Comfort (Portfolio) accredited Guest House/Bed and Breakfast, situated in the centre of the Cape Winelands. The picturesque town of Paarl is one of the 3 oldest towns in South Africa. Ideally suited for exploration of the Winelands, Cape Town and the near towns of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek.Cape Peninsular and the sea side towns near Cape Town are easily accessible from us. Cape Town
International airport is only 40 minutes away. We offer airport transfers, holiday planning and visits to local attractions. Guided tours arranged.
The guest house is situated on the Cape Town side of Paarl in an up market suburb of Courtrai.
• In a quiet residential area, enjoying exceptional views.
• Alba House lies just below the Paarl Mountain Nature Reservation, where wonderful drives, walks, hikes and indigenous garden can be enjoyed. Visit the second largest granite boulder (‘The Pearls’) in the world. Climb on top, for unforgettable view of Table Mountain, Cape Town, the Boland area of the Winelands, and as far as the sea.
• Paarl Golf Club (Boschenmeer) 5 minutes’ drive, Pearl Valley Signature Golf Course 10 minutes, our guests enjoy discounted rates at Paarl Golf Club, if golf is booked by Alba House. Refer to our Golf and Special Golf and Accommodation Packages.
• Visit world renowned wine farms, enjoy wine tasting and wonderful cuisine
• Excellent cuisine in the town’s many restaurants.
• Sightseeing through mountain passes into surrounding valleys.
• The nearest beach is in Cape Town or Somerset West, both about 40 minutes’ drive from Alba House.
• 2 international standard golf courses, Paarl-Boschenmeer with its 27 holes (special discount arranged for our guests) and Pearl Valley Signature golf course only 10 minutes’ drive.
• Walking distance to wine tasting.
• Large choice of quality restaurants.
• Paarl has many attractions for tourists: galleries, street cafes, shopping mall, romantic countryside, huge choice of wine farms and sport activities.
• Sports facilities are plentiful in and around town and include golf, tennis, swimming, bowling, canoeing, horse riding, hot air ballooning, gun club, walking, hiking, bird watching etc.
• Secure parking on the property.
• Maid service for washing and ironing.
• Help with holiday planning
ALBA HOUSE offers superior 4* accommodation in 4 stylish en-suite double rooms, AIR CONDITIONING,FREE WI-FI, bar fridge, ceiling fans, safe, flat screen wall mounted satellite TV, tea tray, hair dryers, toweling gowns and slippers. All rooms have own garden entrances with private patio seating.
• Amazing views over the Berg River valley toward the majestic Klein Drakenstein Mountains.
• Large Salt water swimming pool with solar shower in beautiful garden.
Guest lounge with great views of the valley and mountains beyond.
We serve wonderful country breakfast, fresh fruit salad, homemade muesli, marmalade and jams, hot country fare of bacon and eggs, choice of omelets, local farm cheeses and cold meats and homemade cakes and breads. Only fresh local farm products used in preparation of your delicious breakfast.
Bed & Breakfast Accommodation in Paarl, Western Cape, South Africa
The owners Ivana and John will make you most welcome.
All rooms have en-suite facilities, ceiling fans and air conditioning, heaters in the winter, toweling gowns and slippers for guests comfort, satellite TV, safe, bar fridge, tea tray, hairdryer. Private garden entrances to all rooms and own patio seating. Full South African or Continental breakfast is served in the dining room or the breakfast room. A choice of bacon and eggs (fresh from the farm), or a variety of omelets, fresh fruit and cheeses.
• Special diets catered for
• Car hire arranged
• Airport Shuttle / Transfers
• Fax and Email Facilities
• Free Wi-Fi in all rooms
• Radio Alarm Clock
• Complimentary Refreshments on arrival
• Fresh Flowers in the rooms.
ATTRACTIONS – THINGS TO DO – MOUNTAINS, RIVERS, GOLF, SPECTACULAR SCENERY, WINE AND FOOD.
The historic town of Paarl is in a spectacular location along the picturesque Berg river valley and surrounded by mountain ranges.
It is mainly agricultural area related to wine and fruit growing. The area produces one third of South African wine. Besides visiting wine farms for tastings and fantastic food, there are numerous other activities available in the area, whilst enjoying the natural beauty around you. Drive in to the mountains for fantastic views or walking in the Paarl Mountain Nature Reserve.
International quality golf courses within short 5-10min.drive. Horse riding, fishing, canoeing, hiking etc. Other Winelands town only 15-20 minutes’ drive from Alba House.
Base yourselves with us; we can help you with your holiday planning.
South Africa boasts some of the Finest Golf in Courses in the World. Courses: Paarl Golf Course (Boschenmeer) – 27 holes is set along the Berg River, surrounded by splendid views of Paarl’s mountain ranges. It is one of the top rated golf courses in the Western Cape and is within 5 minutes’ drive of the Accommodation. Special discount of 10% offered on golf fees at Paarl Golf Club, if accommodated at Alba House. Other nearby courses includes: Pearl Valley; Stellenbosch; De Zalze; Erinvale; Devonvale; Wellington and all the Cape Town Courses.
Wine tasting is on the list of many visitors to Paarl as a must. There are fantastic venues here that should not be missed. This Winelands accommodation offers access to many wine farms.
From the largest farm on the Wine Route KWV, famous Nederburg, Fairview, Seidelberg, Simonsvlei, Rupert & Rothchild, Boland, to the smaller one man farms that make excellent boutique wines.
Dining: Paarl has a large choice of excellent restaurants to suit all tastes. All within easy reach of our house. From the famous Grande Roche 5 Star formal gourmet dining to Steak houses. Booking in advance is essential. Franchhoek and Stellenbosch can be visited to enjoy their excellent restaurants. Laborie Restaurant and wine farm walking distance from Alba House.
Bird Watching area in Paarl is recommended by many enthusiasts as a superb site. Many return again to visit.
Paarl Nature Reserve:
Walking, biking and hiking in Paarl Nature Reserve starts just above the house and continues throughout. Wonderful views to be enjoyed from the drive or walk to the Granite Rocks above town.
A unique chance to experience exotic and domestic species of butterflies around you as you visit this farm.
There are numerous other activities including; Horse riding, Fishing, Shooting, Galleries, Shopping Mall, Tennis, Bowling, Swimming, Museums & Paarl Afrikaans Language Monument, Bicycle and Mountain bike hire.