Fernwood Manor Boutique Guest House
Welcome to Fernwood Manor, an exclusive five star Boutique Guest House situated in the heart of upper Newlands (bordering on Bishopscourt and Kirstenbosch), one of Cape Town’s most beautiful and prestigious suburbs of Fernwood.
Nestled against the slopes of Table Mountain, a short walk to the world’s renowned Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, this elegant colonial style home, surrounded by lush greenery with wonderful mountain views offering a unique hideaway where comfort, elegance and professionalism are paramount.
The epitome of a luxury boutique guest house, ideal to combine business with pleasure.
Activities & shopping in the area:
• Walking Distance to Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
• South African Breweries
• Wonderful walks in Newlands and Cecelia Forests and surrounding mountain passes
• Kelvin Grove, Vineyard Hotel
• The University of Cape Town
• Leading Schools: Herschel, Rondebosch, Bishops, and Walking distance SACS and Westerford
• Newlands Rugby and Cricket Grounds
• Restaurants – Many fine restaurants in our Newlands Village
• The Sport Science Centre
• Golf Courses – Mowbray, Rondebosch and Royal Cape
• Groot Schuur, Royal College of Surgeons, Kingsbury, Newlands Clinic
• 7 minutes to Constantia Winelands and shopping centre
• Shopping: Cavendish Square, Constantia Village
• 15 minutes to Cape Town International Airport (Airport transfers can also be arranged)
• 10 minutes to V & A Waterfront
• 15 minutes to the beautiful Cape beaches and the picturesque fishing village of Hout Bay
• Tours – private or group tours and car hire arrangements and booking of restaurants are made if required
• Belmont Square and Vineyard Conference Centre
Fernwood Manor is an exclusive five star boutique guest house set in a picturesque country garden with the majestic table mountain as our back drop. The Manor House was built in the 20 century, is furnished in an elegant and traditional style, complementing the original features in this beautiful graceful home. Spacious lounges and indoor – outdoor relaxation areas add to the tranquillity and comfort of Fernwood Manor. Our French Breakfast room renowned for its wonderful breakfast overlooks the swimming pool and landscaped garden, and on a lovely summer’s morning, breakfast is also served on our covered patio adjoining the breakfast room.
Available for Board Meetings or small conferences our Board Room seating ten to twelve delegates, fully equipped with all required amenities opening onto a large covered patio/courtyard, ideal for serving pre-selected lunches and high teas.
The cosy quiet lounge or library stooped in African deco is a lovely reading room filled with many a good book or magazine. Ideal place to set up an informal interview.
Down a long pan-handle you will find Fernwood Manor. When entering the property you will find very safe and secure off street parking, with added surveillance cameras for your safety.
Booking term & Conditions
Rates are subject to change without prior notice. All rates will be confirmed upon reservation.
To Confirm a Booking
50% deposit is required prior to arrival. Credit card details will confirm your booking and will be held against cancellation policy where applicable.
• Bookings cancelled 8- 30 days prior to arrival will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
• Bookings cancelled 7 days or less prior to arrival will be charge 100% cancellation fee.
• Cancellation fees are charged on the VALUE of the booking.
Children policy (sharing with parents)
• Ages 0-5 R200.00 per child per night will be levied.
• Ages 6-12 R350.00 per child per night will be levied.