Salt River Lodge
Salt River Lodge is set in a supremely tranquil location, situated on the northern side of the lagoon with its natural ebb and flow of the tide. It is part of a natural bird sanctuary which includes the Knysna Lourie, Heron and the Egyptian Geese which often visit for a drink from the swimming pool!
With four flats only we ensure it not to be crowded. Each flat sleeps 4 to 6 people. The accommodation is fully equipped with everything required for self catering needs which include a stove, oven, microwave oven, full sized fridge with freezer and proper braai facilities, linen etc. Flats can be fully serviced upon request.
Each flat has two TV’s with DStv.
There is a swimming pool and a pool table for your convenience.
More detail about each flat:
• Flat nr 1 has one double bed and 2 bunk beds in one bedroom and two bunk beds in the smaller bedroom. This Bathroom has shower only. All the other flats have a bath as well as a shower in each.
• Flat nr 2 has one double bed in the main bedroom, with two single beds in second bedroom and a double sleeper couch in the living room.
• Flat nr 3 has one double bed in the main bedroom and two single beds in the smaller bedroom, as well as a double sleeper couch in the living room.
• Flat nr 4 has a fireplace, two bedrooms, each with a double bed, and a double sleeper couch in the living room.
Knysna Lodges are situated in the small historic town of Knysna,in the heart of the Garden Route. Voted South Africa’s favourite town, Knysna lies on the shores of an estuary between indigenous forests, Outeniqua mountains and a breathtaking coastline. With so many attractions to offer it is not surprising that Knysna is so popular with holidaymakers and tourists:
•Outeniqua Tjoe-Choo Steam Train
•Bird & Whale Watching
•Waterfront Restaurants (a small popular pub and grill within walking distance of Acornhill)
•Arts and Crafts
•Adventure sports – world’s highest bungy jump, world’s highest abseiling, scuba diving, hang gliding.
Day Trips further afield to:
•Cango Caves and Ostrich Farms at Oudtshoorn
•Historical Mossel Bay
•Tsitsikamma Forest and Marine Reserve
Rates For 2012 The Knysna Lodges Group
Lagoon lodges – R250 per person per night,
B My Guest – R200 per person per night(kids under 9 stay for free)
Salt River lodge – R200 per person per night(kids under 9 stay for free)
Speed festival (10-19 May)
Oyster festival ( 1st 2 weekends in Jul )
15 Dec to 15 Jan
Lagoon lodge – R375 per person per night
B My Guest – R750 (Bachelor tipe units) R850 – R1300 (Multi-room cottages) per unit per night
Salt River Lodge – R1500 per flat per night
* Deposit : 50% within 3 days form booking confirmed.
* Group bookings have to paid in full, 30 days before arrival